Re: Re[8]: A Guide to running Apache 2, PHP 4 & PHP 5 on Windows XP

On 5/17/07, Richard Davey <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yay, some decent arguments! I don't deny any of them, I only take
exception to being called an 'idiot' by yourself for the OS I have to
use.

I apologize.  I meant it in a stereotypical, M$-hating, sort of way..
nothing towards you personally.

You have no idea at all what I do for a living, what apps I need
to run, what software I have to develop, and I'm afraid the area in
which I work (games/movie industry) is not a Linux friendly one in
the slightest.

You have my sympathy.  Have you tried pushing medibuntu?

http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/

You see for all the upgrading wonders and angelic like behaviour of
your OS creators

They're certainly no angels, just pragmatists with no resources to waste.

it doesn't count for shit if I can't use it for
work,and there - as is probably the case for the vast majority of
people stuck with Windows - is where the buck stops.

I used to have to use windoze at this one job several years ago and it
in no way forced me to also use it at home.  It's all about desire and
will.

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/