Re: A Guide to running Apache 2, PHP 4 & PHP 5 on Windows XP

Richard Davey wrote:
I'm very happy to announce that I've just released my comprehensive
guide to installing, configuring and running Apache 2, PHP 4.4.7 and
PHP 5.2.2 on Windows XP. The guide is broken down into small
manageable sections and contains over 50 screen shots of the entire
process, so you won't go wrong while following it.

It covers everything from installing Apache, to setting up a Virtual
host to switching between PHP 4 and 5. A troubleshooting section and
further advice rounds-off the guide.

You can read the guide here: http://wamp.corephp.co.uk

Please send comments / suggestions / typos to me.

Nice work Richard.

I'd just like to say that I think a few other people on this list need to take the big sticks out of their butts for a second and appreciate a quality piece of work, that Richard has published for everyone to take it or leave it. What do you guys do? You start a discussion that has nothing to do with Richard's article, and if anything it will discourage him from writing similar articles in the future. However, from his responses so far he's intelligent enough to see past it.

Like it or not, and agree with it or not, there are a great many developers out there who either have to or choose to use Windows as their development platform, and a fair few who also choose to use it as a production platform. I can't believe there is anyone in these categories who doesn't know that alternatives exist, and who don't have the necessary skills to research the differences and make an informed decision.

So, from me, congratulations Richard, excellent work, keep it up.

-Stut