Re: A Guide to running Apache 2, PHP 4 & PHP 5 on Windows XP

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 20:18 +0100, Stut wrote:
> Richard Davey wrote:
> > I'm very happy to announce that I've just released my comprehensive
> > guide to installing, configuring and running Apache 2, PHP 4.4.7 and
> > PHP 5.2.2 on Windows XP. The guide is broken down into small
> > manageable sections and contains over 50 screen shots of the entire
> > process, so you won't go wrong while following it.
> >
> > It covers everything from installing Apache, to setting up a Virtual
> > host to switching between PHP 4 and 5. A troubleshooting section and
> > further advice rounds-off the guide.
> >
> > You can read the guide here: http://wamp.corephp.co.uk
> >
> > Please send comments / suggestions / typos to me.
>
> Nice work Richard.
>
> I'd just like to say that I think a few other people on this list need
> to take the big sticks out of their butts for a second and appreciate a
> quality piece of work, that Richard has published for everyone to take
> it or leave it. What do you guys do? You start a discussion that has
> nothing to do with Richard's article, and if anything it will discourage
> him from writing similar articles in the future. However, from his
>
> Like it or not, and agree with it or not, there are a great many
> developers out there who either have to or choose to use Windows as
> their development platform, and a fair few who also choose to use it as
> a production platform. I can't believe there is anyone in these
> categories who doesn't know that alternatives exist, and who don't have
> the necessary skills to research the differences and make an informed
> decision.
>
> So, from me, congratulations Richard, excellent work, keep it up.

Well in all honesty, my original post was tongue in cheek, I didn't
think it would go on and on from there.

BTW, could someone get behind me and give that stick thing that's poking
out a pull. I've been having trouble walking lately ;)

Baaaah, come on, help a guy out. IT CHAFFES!!

Cheers,
Rob.

Ps. I apologize in advance to anyone who accidentally got caught up in
    some errant mental imagery. Blame Stut!! *heheh* *cackles and runs*