Re[8]: A Guide to running Apache 2, PHP 4 & PHP 5 on Windows XP

Hi Greg,

>> Viruses? God, that old bullshit ladened chestnut*. At least come up
>> with some kind of valid OS argument, please.

> 1. The virus and malware protection racket - M$ spent billions of
> 2. Perpetual Upgrading - you can use Ubuntu Linux 6.06 Server Edition
> 3. Bloat - 1.5+ hours to install Vista then finally you get to start
> 4. Hostile treatment of customers - M$ is currently choosing to not
> 5. Predatory Practices - How many companies have been eaten alive by
> 6. .NET - proof M$ really wants to be a bank instead of a software
> 7. IE7 - My transparent pngs are almost working, almost.  Guess they

Yay, some decent arguments! I don't deny any of them, I only take
exception to being called an 'idiot' by yourself for the OS I have to
use. You have no idea at all what I do for a living, what apps I need
to run, what software I have to develop, and I'm afraid the area in
which I work (games/movie industry) is not a Linux friendly one in
the slightest.

You see for all the upgrading wonders and angelic like behaviour of
your OS creators, it doesn't count for shit if I can't use it for
work, and there - as is probably the case for the vast majority of
people stuck with Windows - is where the buck stops.

Cheers,

Rich
--
Zend Certified Engineer
http://www.corephp.co.uk

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out of a window"