Re: Re[8]: A Guide to running Apache 2, PHP 4 & PHP 5 on Windows XP

On 5/17/07, Richard Davey <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I envy those who's work is specific / targeted enough for them to be
able to only use Linux on their desktop, I really do (and I say that
without a hint of sarcasm, I promise). For the rest of us, the choice
sadly isn't as black and white.

It's simple.  In the job interview you ask, "Will I be able to use
Linux (or Mac OS) as my primary desktop OS?"

When they say no, you get up and leave.  I've done it twice in the
past year or so.

I could only image the stupidity I would have found once inside the
door if they exhibited that level of clueless-ness in the interview.
One company actually told me they were afraid I would be pirating
software unless I used a windoze OS that could be 'audited' by their
sysadmins.  I blinked a couple of times, got up, and walked out.

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/