Re: dynamic web interface and size

On Wed, April 11, 2007 10:57 am, Robert Cummings wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 17:44 +0200, Tijnema ! wrote:
>> On 4/11/07, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >

>> > 1000 pixels?
>> >
>> > Woof.
>> >
>> > Guess my 800x600 box is not in your market...
>>
>> 800x600 :|
>>
>> Using 1600x1200 here :)
>>

>> I like the idea,. because most sites are made for 800x600 and they
>> are
>> so small on my screen...
>
> Get Opera, it has the cool zoom that Microsoft copied. I too use
> 1600x1200 res.

Of the many computers I own/use regularly, one of them happens to be
my "main" desktop which I've had for about 10 years.

It's a screaming AMD K-6 450 MHz processor, with a whopping 128M RAM
and running RedHat 7.

I suppose, in theory, I could run out and buy new hardware to replace
it, and, actually, when I move into my new house, I probably will
re-purpose some other box as my main desktop...

In the meantime, yes, I use 800x600 a lot, no Flash, and have yet to
have a problem with anything I *need* this box to do.

'Course, I do have a new-ish laptop, for those rare moments when I
actually want to see a Flash page badly enough to haul it out and fire
it up...  Which hasn't happened so far, except for the bands that keep
sending me demos without reading the directions:
http://uncommonground.com/contact.htm

* Actually, I installed RAM up to 284M a few weeks back for $50, so
that I could thumb my nose at a guy who's abandoning a 450MHz 384M box
as "too old" by letting him know I had just upgraded my main desktop
to match the specs of the one he has to throw away to use MS
products...  But I'd be just as happy to pull that RAM out, as it made
little real difference.

YMMV
NAIAA
IANAL