Re: PHP textbook suggestions?

Danial Rahmanzadeh wrote:
> I think PHP Architect's Zend PHP5 certification Study guide is good. as
> authors indicate in the book:
>
> "We wrote php|architect's Zend PHP 5 Certification Study Guide with the
> specific intent
> of making it useful in two situations:
> • For candidates who are preparing for the Zend exam
> • For student of instructor-led classes who are approaching and studying
> PHP
> for the first time"

the OP made the point that his class would [probably] contain people
with no programming experience (it was not a prerequisite) ... in the context
of the Study Guide you mention I hope that 'studying php for the first time'
does not mean the same as 'no programming experience' ...  if it does then that
puts the bar very low for Zend Certification, because, let's be honest, unless your
a genius, it really does take a while before someone reaches a certain level of
professionalism with regard to programming ... it's somewhat more involved
than mowing the lawn. I have always assumed that Zend Certification implied a
certain level of professionalism that one cannot expect from complete newcomers,
maybe I'm mistaken.