Re: Coding Standards Document

For the record, I also think it's daft to require spaces for tabs in
2006 coding standards...

The only reasonable explanation for requiring spaces I have ever heard
is to be compatible with some text-editor from 1948 or somesuch...

Of course one can write shell scripts or whatever to convert
back/forth, but it's a pain, and any editor too horrible to handle
[tab] nicely for editing code should be abandoned immediately...

I'm also always amused by the amount of time given to something so
mundane and picuyane as the amount of spacing between ) and { and all
that...

I mean, really, who cares THAT much?

Sure, we all have our preferences for K&B or whatever, but, really,
that sort of thing could almost be handled by some sort of "style
sheet" for coding to present what you prefer for your layout rather
than forcing everbody to use the same...

I'd much rather find a Standard that focuses on a higher plane of what
is/isn't Quality Code, than one that worries about spaces versus tabs
or the spacing between sugar molecules.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?