Re: Programmer needed

On Mon, November 20, 2006 6:05 pm, Jeff wrote:
> If anyone is interested in working on making a mysql database.. it's
> like a
> dating site, so the typical inputs - Age, height, about, upload a
> couple of
> pictures, etc.
> Able to have other members comment, send messages back / forth.
>
> If anyone is capable (which I'm sure there are plenty!) of doing this,
> your
> help would be greatly apprecated. Please give me approx. how many
> hours, and
> your rate.
> I've tried, and I think it's well over my head.
> Once running, if anything needs tweaking, your time will be paid for.
> Thanks a bunch!

Have you looked at SourceForge, freshmeat, etc?

Seems like there would have to be a lot of these type of scripts out
there...

Though I would suggest that of the few that I've seen, none of them
seem to have very interesting ways of data input or matching folks
up...

Like, why ask me my religion if I don't care much either way about a
potential partner's religion?

Why not let *ME* tell you which of these features is more important?

Seems like they are all awfully stupid matchup routines...

When you get stuck with the geographic lookup (and you will) the
answer to your question at that future time is:

Store/cache the lat/lon for each client with their client record, and
your distance function should be simplified to just a Cartesian
distance rather than curvature of the Earth trigonometry, for short
distances.

:-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.