Re: Remote Robot Control with PHP

On Tue, October 31, 2006 2:54 pm, Prathaban Mookiah wrote:
> alone to do the entire job due the high delay it takes to connect to
> the
> telnet port on the robot, (I adopted the PHPTelnet class written by
> Antone
> Roundy - http://www.geckotribe.com/php-telnet/), I could not resist
> using it
> for some part of the application.
>
> So the model I used for my purpose is this:
>
> Browser ---------> WebServer  ---------> Java  --------> Robot
>           AJAX                  PHP

As cool as this might be, and as much as I love PHP, I have to suggest
that PHP has little "Added Value" here, other than as an academic
exercise, as you have presented it...

I think you would want to express what your perceived added value of
PHP in the process is, as I would expect that you'd just have AJAX
talking to Java, or Java applets or whatever, with no PHP, and achieve
the same output with less overhead.

So what's the compelling added value of PHP here?

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?