Re: Microsoft Partners With Zend

On Wed, November 1, 2006 1:37 pm, Daevid Vincent wrote:
> http://it.slashdot.org/it/06/10/31/2047209.shtml

I think MS and PHP Devs have met before, in the hopes of getting
better integration and performance.

I'm sure this is a boon and a feather in their cap for Zend, but,
ultimately, I don't see it making a huge difference in PHP, other than
improving it a tiny bit for Windows users.

Hopefully this boils down to somebody at Zend getting a crack at
Longhorn/Vista/Whatever source to find optimizations.

And maybe submit a patch or ten back to MS to fix some long-standing
Windows issues.

Perhaps even to tailor the Windows builds with even more #ifdef to get
better performance/stability.

But, again, with the millions of non-Windows users as the big install
base, I don't changing much.

Some Windows users will leave the dark side once they realize they can.

Some Linux users may migrate back to Windows to keep tighter
integration with other software, if Windows was actually finally
stable.

I'm predicting a "tie" in this race from that perspective :-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?