Re: Microsoft Partners With Zend

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 21:37, Daevid Vincent wrote:
> No comments?
>
> http://it.slashdot.org/it/06/10/31/2047209.shtml

Well once upon a time one of great M$ exec say "We can write better software
than OSS). After more than 3 or 4 years we still waiting better Browser, Web
Server etc.

I do not expect from M$ learn someting from ZEND and put into ASP.NET or
someting like that. Php was already opensourced. If M$ wants to steal
someting, code already there.

In worst scenario, because of windows user base and windows based income ZEND
may degraded Linux support or we may see new  options or performance
enhancements for windows only.

so We will see that...

Don't be afraid, GPL licence was uber protection for us.

And thats why M$ execs calls it 'cancer'. Theri EEE tactics does not work
aginst GPL.

And writing windows native applications with php under Visual Studio may be
interesting...

Regards

Sancar