Re: only one at atime

On Tue, October 31, 2006 4:50 am, Ahmad Al-Twaijiry wrote:
> we use PDO functions to connect to the database and we also made the
> tables innodb type
>
> so if we use   $dbh->beginTransaction();
>
> is it will be safe to run the script more than one in the same time ?

It should be "safe" from the standpoint of the transaction model.

But it may or may not be "safe" from the standpoint of your DB server
getting swamped and bogged down with transactions driving it to its
death in 60 seconds...

Transactions do not alter the Laws of Physics.

Your DB can only handle so many operations per second, and doing more
than that will kill it.

Actually, Transactions add SIGNIFICANT overhead, and if raw speed is
the primary goal, finding a way to avoid full-blown transactions, and
only doing the minimum necessary for your specific "transaction-like"
needs is the way to go, most likely.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?