Re: Comment management

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 17:27 -0400, Chris Shiflett wrote:
> Robert Cummings wrote:
> > Well it's still trivial, just most of us who have frameworks
> > wouldn't be so wasteful of our time to remove the dependency
> > of our framework and code it from first principles.
>
> If your framework is written in PHP and doesn't have any external
> dependencies, why are you bothering to make this point? You seem to be
> trying to debate something that's completely irrelevant.

Ah, I thought by external dependencies you meant other PHP libs (as in
not a standalone comment manager).

> > I still say trivial that may depend on what you expect of #2
> > and #3 which you've obviously left blank
>
> They weren't obviously blank:

I didn't say they were blank, you've mentioned what you don't want, not
what you DO want.

> 2. Some content is removed

What kind of content removal bothers you? There are security
implications with leaving submitted data intact (you're well aware of
that I'm sure :)

> 3. Blacklist approaches to filtering

What would you prefer over blacklist approaches?

> I'm currently writing a test suite for this, and I'd be happy to test
> any solution you've written.
>
> But, to be quite honest, if you think the problem is trivial, your
> solution isn't likely to be very useful to me.

It depends on the problem. Your criteria don't define it well yet. The
OP's criteria did define it as trivial.

Cheers,
Rob.