Re: Creating Tree Structure from associative array

# angelo@xxxxxxxxxxxx / 2006-10-19 16:08:58 +0200:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an associative array, which contains parent and child
> relationships. I've searched the web for creating a tree structure from
> this and found a few good sites but doesnt help 100% perhaps someone can
> point me in the correct direction? I've started to code it got to a
> point where I cant go any further, the code is pseudo code and dont want
> to reinvent the wheel.
>
> any suggestions would be really appreciated.

    I don't think there's any graph-manipulation library for PHP
    (there's a bit of addEdge(), addNode() stuff in Image_GraphViz[1]
    but it doesn't seem useful). Until someone wraps Agraph or
    Boost.Graph in a module: check out Iterator, Builder, and Composite
    in Design Patterns[2].

    [1] http://pear.php.net/package/Image_GraphViz
    [2] http://www.amazon.com/dp/0201633612

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.