Re: Text from Excel csv file loaded into MySQL table

On Mon, October 16, 2006 10:40 am, Alan Milnes wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a really good end to end tutorial on extracting
> text from an Excel csv file and uploading it into MySQL via a PHP
> script?  There are lots of bits and pieces on the Web and in the PHP

If the files are NOT clean enough to do fgetcsv reliably, or you
suspect they might not be, you may want to consider putting together a
"preview" screen sort of like Excel does when you import data.

I did this once where it would also let the user re-assign various
columns in the data they were importing to the columns we were using,
since I know that they'd have more or less the same columns, mostly,
but did not know for sure where they'd be or what name they'd give
them.

It's a fair amount of work, but not super tricky or anything.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?