Re: Browser displays blank page, while request still being handled

On Mon, May 8, 2006 4:09 am, Rolf Wouters wrote:
> The blank page.  It shouldn't be there, and not when the request is
> still running.  Or am I mistaken in thinking that the browser should
> wait with displaying _anything_ before it becomes the result-page from
> the server.

This is definitely wrong -- A long-running script can easily be
constructed to spew out partial HTML and the browser will, in some
cases, begin rendering that HTML while the script is still running.

If the web-server kicks out a "partial content" or other weird HTTP
header, it's entirely possible to get the behaviour you are seeing.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm