Re: PHP Script to open phpBB2 accounts

On Sat, April 22, 2006 1:51 pm, Gerr D wrote:
> Richard,
>
> On 4/20/06, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Or perhaps you believe you have already completely mined out those
>> resources, and PHP-General was your last resort.
>>
>> Which is fine, but that should have been in your original post.
>
> Are you implying this list is intended to be a "last resort" resource?
> That seems a shame, considering the talent I've seen here.

I think this list should be a "last resort" for a phpBB question about
how to link phpBB authentication with another authentication system,
after:

Search phpBB sites for plug-ins and add-ons that expose an API to tie
phpBB authentication to any authentication

Research other common authentication packages for phpBB support, so
see if their code can be adapted for your own use.

Search phpBB forums / mailing lists and any support channels

A general Google for search terms likely to contain what you need.
This often requires several tries and some finesse on input for terms
as common as "phpBB" and "forum" but an attempt must be made, even if
you're sure it will be fruitless...  Cuz Google is goddamned smart
sometimes. :-)

If we tried to answer all the questions for all the monstrosities of
software written in PHP (e.g. phpBB), we'd be in real trouble...

This list gets enough traffic as it is -- and some of that is
admittedly my fault :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm