Re: Including files from another site

""Richard Lynch"" <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:11473.67.108.68.36.1145312034.squirrel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Mon, April 17, 2006 5:45 am, Shaun wrote:
>> I have created a CMS where all sites on our server are administrated
>> from
>> one central site, and HTML content is stored in the CMS database.
>>
>> I want users to all control their sites database functions from the
>> CMS
>> site, but I want to keep the database and database admin scripts in
>> the
>> individual website account to keep things simple. So I need want to be
>> able
>> to include these scripts within the CMS site but keep them secure. I
>> have
>> tried using frames but I can't keep a session going in the database
>> admin
>> scripts, is there a better way to do this?
>>
>> Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>
> If you trust the source, you could just do:
>
> <?php
>  include 'http://example.com/central_core_files_shared_by_all.inc';
> ?>
>
> Or, if all these sites are on the same box, you don't even need to use
> HTTP for the include...
>
> Exactly what are you trying to secure against?
>
> You make it sound like "keep them secure" is an absolute. It's not.
> It's relative.
>
> --
> Like Music?
> http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm

Hi Richard,

The security issue is important because I don't want anyone to be able to
use the websites database admin scripts without logging into the CMS first.
Otherwise anyone who happened to type in www.oneofmywebsites.com/cms would
be able to make unwanted changes to that particular sites database.

In answer to your second question both sites will be on the same box...