Re: Including files from another site

On Mon, April 17, 2006 5:45 am, Shaun wrote:
> I have created a CMS where all sites on our server are administrated
> from
> one central site, and HTML content is stored in the CMS database.
>
> I want users to all control their sites database functions from the
> CMS
> site, but I want to keep the database and database admin scripts in
> the
> individual website account to keep things simple. So I need want to be
> able
> to include these scripts within the CMS site but keep them secure. I
> have
> tried using frames but I can't keep a session going in the database
> admin
> scripts, is there a better way to do this?

If you trust the source, you could just do:

<?php
  include 'http://example.com/central_core_files_shared_by_all.inc';
?>

Or, if all these sites are on the same box, you don't even need to use
HTTP for the include...

Exactly what are you trying to secure against?

You make it sound like "keep them secure" is an absolute. It's not.
It's relative.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm