Re: New Date/Time Functionality and Setting Timezones

On Mon, April 17, 2006 1:15 am, Lester Caine wrote:
> Of cause this still does nothing for the vast majority of hosting,
> where
> it's the timezone/daylight saving of the client that you need, not the
> server :(

The timezone/ds of the client is way beyond the scope of PHP...

I *would* like to be able to set up my hosted sites in Portland so
that they "seem" to be in Chicago, though, without jumping through
hoops.

Or, in some cases, just telling clients why their time seems "off"
from what their website thinks it is.

I'm not sure what it would break to change this, but if the default in
php.ini is not set, then I'd probably vote +1 on changing the order,
personally.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm