RE: LDAP and Single Sign On MORE THOUGHTS

[snip]
> We are sitting here having a discussion on login techniques and I cam
up
> with a thought...why not have a login script write a cookie that then
> coulod be read by PHP and compared against the AD via LDAP? Does
anyone
> see any gotcha's with that kind of process?

Couldn't I write my own cookie to fool the authentication into
thinking I'm somebody else?
[/snip]

I suppose that you could do that if you were savvy enough to realize
that automatic login to the intranet used a cookie for authentication
and you knew how to format the cookie and properly hash a checksum
stored in the cookie. The user information stored in the cookie would be
verified against the AD via LDAP.