RE: LDAP and Single Sign On MORE THOUGHTS

Quoting jblanchard@xxxxxxxxxx:

[snip]
As far as I can tell you will have to ask the user to login at the web
application level again, but you can verify it against your AD via LDAP
with the basic stuff from http://www.php.net/ldap
[/snip]

We are sitting here having a discussion on login techniques and I cam up
with a thought...why not have a login script write a cookie that then
coulod be read by PHP and compared against the AD via LDAP? Does anyone
see any gotcha's with that kind of process?

Couldn't I write my own cookie to fool the authentication into thinking I'm somebody else?

--
Rick Emery

 you will always long to return"
                                              -- Leonardo Da Vinci