Re: Re: APC and PHP 5.1.2

Thanks for that! It meant that I should look in other directions which
helped me figure out the problem. Can you try again with:

apc.optimization=1

I think the optimizer is what dies with php 5.1.x. It works for me now
if I don't have that line. :) Too bad APC can't work with Zend
Optimizer, since I think the fact that ZPS and its successors work
faster (and with a lower load average) is partly because of its
optimizations like loop unrolling, etc.

 Personally I found it odd that Zend made it separate, since it slows
down normal PHP execution, and only shines with the opcode cache (and
it does). I do get that it is an "optimizer" and therefore tries to
fool people into using it in order to get their loader for their
encoder in wide distribution. With PHP 6 looking like it will have an
opcode cache by default, I'd think they would want it to be theirs so
as to make everything more compatible with their other products, but I
bet there is some interal reason why that won't happen.