Re: doubt in mail function

suresh kumar wrote:
hello everybody,
                i am having one doubt in  sending mail

the way I read it you don't have a 'doubt' but a 'problem' ...
(an example of the proper use of the word would be:

	"I doubt whether you bothered to  research your
	 problem at all before mailing your question to this list"

in php.in my company our mail server is in windows,but
my php code for mail function in linux,i set the code
as

if(@mail('sureshkumar.A@xxxxxx','hi suresh','this is
     ^
      \
       \ do you know what this does? try removing it.

test','From:sakthi@xxxxxx')):

        both from and to address are valid  but mail
is not receiving to sureshkumar.A@xxxxxx,

  whether i have 2 configure any settings in php.ini,i

<sidenote>
it 'to' not '2' (or 'too') - [granted the english language
can be a pain in the butt!]
</sidenote>

since version 5.3 php is capable of smelling which mail
server you want to use. if you are using an older version you
have to tell php which mail server to use (default is 'localhost')

oh look it's the manual page for the mail function:

	http://php.net/mail

...listing the relevant ini settings right at the top of the
freaking page - the only way you could have missed those is
if you have a 640*480 screen and you don't know what scrolling is
OR you never even bothered to open the manual - at a guess I'd
say you are capable of scrolling a webpage so ...

	READ THE F***ING MANUAL IN FUTURE.

am looking for reply from any one.

A.suresh

__________________________________________________________ Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner now. Go to http://yahoo.shaadi.com