Re: Weirdness with PHP FreeBSD/OSX/Linux headers already sent

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 05:44:26PM -0500, Eric Butera wrote:
> PHP List,
>
> Perhaps one of you might know the answer to this, because I certainly do
> not, nor do any of my coworkers.  The "problem" is that scripts on our OSX
> 10.4 (our local development machines) and RedHat/Debian linux servers do not
> throw the "headers already sent" message.  I could have an entire page of
> html, php code, whatever I wish and call session_start() at the bottom of
> the page and everything would be fine.  No errors on screen, in error_log,
> or anywhere else.
>
> I want to know if any of you know the reason why this is happening.  I would
> prefer the strict error messages to help keep everyones coding in check.
> Unfortunately I cannot for the life of me seem to find any configuration
> settings which point to this.  Any pointers or help would be greatly
> appreciated.

To check were the php.ini file is suppose to be, create a page
called like phpinfo.php and put the line:
  <?php phpinfo();

That will have a section showing where the Configuration file php
is looking for. if it just specifies a directory, then it mean
there is no php.ini file in that directory an php is just using all
the default values.

The things that would cause the error message not to show up would
be things like:
  'php.ini:display_errors' if set to Off, it wont show any errors

  'php.ini:output_buffering' if is set to something other than Off
  then there is a chance that php got lucky and didn't send any
  data yet by the time it got to the session_start() call.

Curt.
--
cat .signature: No such file or directory