Re: Sending mail with php-

On 1/11/06, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> actually I don't mind it - especially as I'm not on the apache or> fedora lists ;-)>> and with regard to sending out emails I find using a connection with> an SMTP server (local or not) is alot less hassle with regard to bounces> and stuff (like the problem you were/are having) than using sendmail - not> necessarily because an smtp service is better but because it means that usually> someone has already done the nitty-gritty mail server config stuff that sees to> it that mail gets reliably delivered!>> and phpmailer - thats also be known to help me from myself (when it comes to> make a pig's ear of using the mail() function) - 3 cheers for Richard Heyes> (you just know a class rocks when you can actually name the author by heart! :-).>
Isn't sendmail a local SMPT server?
Dotan Cohenhttp://technology-sleuth.com/technical_answer/what_is_hdtv.html092