Re: Sending mail with php-

On 1/10/06, Sameer N Ingole <strike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> Dear Dotan,> Dotan Cohen wrote:>> >On my home Fedora Core 4 box I run Apache 2.0. Sometimes when sending> >mail with php no mail is delivered, and I find this in the logs:> >> ><<< 550-Verification failed for <apache@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> ><<< 550-unrouteable mail domain "localhost.localdomain"> ><<< 550 Sender verify failed> >> You are getting this error because apache@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx cannot> be reached from Internet and whoever you are sending mail to may have> something called sender check. This verifies if the sender of this mail> is reachable. This avoids spammers to send mails using unreachable> addresses. Also he may be checking spf-record for your From: domain on> mail envelop.>> >> >So I changed the only email address in httpd.conf to:> >ServerAdmin dotan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >> What error you are getting after you change address in apache and try> sending mail after restarting apache?>> >> >But I still get the error! I did restart apache and even went so far as to> >reboot the machine. If I cannot modify the parameter within apache,> >then where should I modify it? Within php? Within sendmail?> >>
Excact same error. Actually, this was working fine until recently. Iuse the script (homemade) to send out the http://lyricslist.commonthly newsletter every month- and only this month am I havingproblems. No changes made to apache, php, or sendmail except theregular updates. Could an update have broken this?
Dotan Cohenhttp://technology-sleuth.com/short_answer/what_is_hdtv.html876