Date: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 07:03:17 PM +0530
From: Sameer N Ingole <strike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Sending mail with php-

Dear Dotan,
Dotan Cohen wrote:

On my home Fedora Core 4 box I run Apache 2.0. Sometimes when
sending mail with php no mail is delivered, and I find this in the
logs:

<<< 550-Verification failed for <apache@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<<< 550-unrouteable mail domain "localhost.localdomain"
<<< 550 Sender verify failed

You are getting this error because apache@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cannot be reached from Internet and whoever you are sending mail to
may have something called sender check. This verifies if the sender
of this mail is reachable. This avoids spammers to send mails using
unreachable addresses. Also he may be checking spf-record for your
From: domain on mail envelop.

So I changed the only email address in httpd.conf to:
ServerAdmin dotan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What error you are getting after you change address in apache and
try sending mail after restarting apache?

But I still get the error! I did restart apache and even went so
far as to reboot the machine. If I cannot modify the parameter
within apache, then where should I modify it? Within php? Within
sendmail?

--
Sameer N. Ingole
Blog: http://weblogic.noroot.org/