Re: Build Problem??

On Tue, November 8, 2005 11:03 pm, trlists@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Building PHP 4.3.4 with Apache 1.3, SAPI and CLI versions (no CGI) ...
>
> Now that I found the config command used for the last build, I rebuilt
> PHP (config, make, make install) with one change -- at the end of the
> config line I added --enable-dbase.
>
> If I look at the phpinfo() output now, in both CLI and SAPI versions,
> still see the *old* build date, and the *old* config command -- but I
> also see dbase listed as an additional module, and the dbase functions
> now appear to work.
>
> What gives here?  Is there something special about dbase?  Perhaps --
> enable-dbase affects link step and not compile, but the config line
> and
> build date are captured only in a full compile?

Most likely.

To take your theory a step further, if --enable-dbase has "shared"
set, then you maybe only generated the php_dbase.so file (or whatever
it is called) and libphp.so (or whatever) is unchanged, as is
/usr/bin/php (or wherever it is)

At that point, I suppose the date-stamp reported by phpinfo() will
only reflect the date of the main .so (or php binary) getting built,
not the largest *.so file that was loaded.

You could check the file system to see which files have changed in the
past 24 hours with 'find' command in shell.  (You'd want to avoid hot
areas like /tmp and /proc for that...)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm