Build Problem??

Building PHP 4.3.4 with Apache 1.3, SAPI and CLI versions (no CGI) ...

Now that I found the config command used for the last build, I rebuilt
PHP (config, make, make install) with one change -- at the end of the
config line I added --enable-dbase.

If I look at the phpinfo() output now, in both CLI and SAPI versions, I
still see the *old* build date, and the *old* config command -- but I
also see dbase listed as an additional module, and the dbase functions
now appear to work.

What gives here?  Is there something special about dbase?  Perhaps --
enable-dbase affects link step and not compile, but the config line and
build date are captured only in a full compile?

--
Tom