Re: No forums?

Robert Cummings wrote:
On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 02:17, GamblerZG wrote:

Robert Cummings wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 00:56, GamblerZG wrote:
>
>>Miles Thompson wrote:
>>
>>>You missed the most important:   This list works, why break it?
>>
>>Nope, I did not miss it. It's just not a proper reply to the message. I
>>did not suggest to disable mailing lists or change them in any way, so
>>the "break" factor does not apply.
>

> Then you suggest fragmenting the list into 3 factions, those who would
> continue to use the list, those who would use the forum, and those who
> would use both. By such a fragmentation of the list, solutions and
> advice would be spread across multiple locations thus diluting the
> efficacy of the list.

I seriously doubt that giving people a choice over communication methods would reduce efficiency. It's like saying that having multiple OSes reduces efficiency of programming.

I didn't use the word efficiency, I used the word efficacy (feel free to
look it up).

Cheers,
Rob.

They're synonyms, and I do not see a big difference in their meanings. Feel free to disambiguate.

--
Best regards,
Roman S.I.

http://sf.net/projects/naturalgine/