Re: PHP and MSSQL on Linux

Quoting Robbert van Andel <php@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Obvsiously, since I'm posting to the list, you can guess that it's not
working.  The error message I get back is useless as I'm only told that the
connection failed.  Does anyone know anything else I need to check to get
the connection working?

What is the output from mssql_get_last_message()? I've always been able to get meaningful error messages. Also, make sure display_errors is on in php.ini and that you're not using die() on failure, so that php can display any errors on the screen.

Also, can I ask where you found the mssql rpms? I haven't been able to find them, and our system administrator wanted to use Fedora Core 4, so I've been having to compile freetds and php from source (though now that I've done it a few times, I kind of like doing it that way :-)

hth, and thanks,
Rick
--
Rick Emery