PHP and MSSQL on Linux

A few months back I wrote the list asking for help making a connection to a
MS SQL database from our linux webserver.  At that time I was able to make a
successfull connection on Fedora Core 1 after installing php-mssql.rpm and a
freetds rpm.  When I upgradd to FC4, I was unable to continue my project
because the RPMs had not been built for PHP5.0.4, whic is the version we run
now.

Today, I was able to get the version of php-mssql I needed and installed it
successfully.  I am able to make a connection to our ms sql server using
tsql.  There is a mssql.ini file in the php.d directory and the mssql.so
file is in /usr/lib/php/modules/.  Using the get_loaded_extensions fuction,
I see that mssql is a loaded module and the phpinfo() function shows me
mssql configuration files.  All indicators tell me that I should be able to
connect.

Obvsiously, since I'm posting to the list, you can guess that it's not
working.  The error message I get back is useless as I'm only told that the
connection failed.  Does anyone know anything else I need to check to get
the connection working?

Upon troubleshooting, I found that there is no traffic going to database
server when I used TCPDUMP.  There is traffic going when I use tsql.

Thank you,

Robbert van Andel