Re: cleanly written shop-system (php5, object-oriented)?

hello james,

1) i have been working with php5 for almost a year now, and the biggest
project i have yet worked on (a complex intranet banking application) is
running perfectly on it; no problems. on the contrary, since the zend
engine has been rewritten to properly handle objects (as references not
copies), a huge source of confusion/errors/odd behaviour has been
removed. we have not had one "stability" or "scaling" problem with php5.
(what i *would* worry about is having to develop oo-software in php4.)

2) "Worst thing you can do is design a website in entirely flash" ->
depends on the kind of site. you certainly wouldn't do a news site 100%
flash, but for certain *application* is can make perfect sense. what we
will do is build a product configuratorin flash, not the whole site.

regards,
phillip

---