Re: Email Validation built-in? RFC

You could certainly write an extension to do so. That's what I did (mostly I was writing one for another purpose and added a function I stole from O'Reilly. You can find the C code I used here: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/excerpt/spcookbook_chap03/index3.html. It's pretty clever (If you're used to doing things the PHP/regex way) and while I haven't benchmarked it, I'd imagine it is pretty fast.

There are lots of php extension tutorials out there, but if you want me to wrap it for you I probably could. I'm sure though that the many php regex solutions out there are probably 'good enough' for your needs, and I haven't tested that C code on some of the stranger e-mail addresses out there in existance.

Ben