Re: Guide for C programmer

On Thu, October 13, 2005 6:13 am, Turgut Hakký ÖZDEMÝR wrote:
> I'm looking for a document describing differences between C and PHP,
> important points for programmers who already know C,C++, and things
> that
> must be taken care.
> I'm googling for about an our but i can't find anything. Any
> suggestions.?

Try reading this:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/faq.languages.php

which compares PHP with other languages, which may be useful.

Other than that, things you should know:

Most of the grungy details of variable types, storage allocation, and
type-juggling is just plain a non-issue 99.9% of the time in PHP.

PHP classes are way more like stripped-down Java than C++.  Or, think
of it as C++ 0.0.1 from Bjourne, which never actually existed, much
less got released, and that's about where it would be.

Probably the biggest learning tasks have nothing to do with
language/syntax per se.

PHP syntax pretty much fits in a small chapter:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/langref.php

Figuring out HTTP and client/server issues would be a book, if
somebody actually wrote it.

Browser oddities would be an encyclopedia, if a team actually wrote
that.  And it would be chock-full of mistakes, mis-interpretations,
and mis-information anyway, and outdated before it went to press, much
less finished writing.  Browsers suck. :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm