Re: Guide for C programmer

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 02:13:37PM +0300, Turgut Hakk? ?ZDEM?R wrote:
> I'm looking for a document describing differences between C and PHP,
> important points for programmers who already know C,C++, and things that
> must be taken care.
> I'm googling for about an our but i can't find anything. Any suggestions.?

I don't see why anyone would write such a document. Other than sharing a
similar syntax and flow control (curly braces, if/else blocks, while
loops etc.), they're different languages. For a start C is compiled
whereas PHP is interpreted, and you can't just jump between the two. You
also don't have to bother, most of the time, with using the right
variable types in PHP because it will handle conversions automatically.

Paul

--
Rogue Tory
http://www.roguetory.org.uk