Wikimedia - php4

Hi

I have just installed wikimedia on freebsd 5.3 with php4-4.4.0.

After starting the program after a "successful" installation I get the error
messages shown below. There are three eror from two lines of code. I have
included the relevant code.

Having just started to learn php, I am not competent to know how
to set about solving this.

Does anyone here have any idea what may be wrong or do you happen to know of a
suitable forum or mailing list that could be helpful

Thanks in advance

david
Errors from php4.log

FIRST Error - reppeated twice:
Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference
in /usr2/virtualwebs/forumkatrina.org/wiki/includes/ObjectCache.php on line
369

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference
in /usr2/virtualwebs/forumkatrina.org/wiki/includes/ObjectCache.php on line
369

Line 369 indicated by  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
function &_unserialize( $serial ) {
		if( function_exists( 'gzinflate' ) ) {
			$decomp = @gzinflate( $serial );
			if( false !== $decomp ) {
				$serial = $decomp;
			}
		}
		return unserialize( $serial );
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

	}
SECOND error -- Error line 136 indicated by ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference
in /usr2/virtualwebs/forumkatrina.org/wiki/includes/SkinTemplate.php on line
136

	function decr($key, $value=1) {
		if ( !$this->lock($key) ) {
			return false;
		}
		$value = intval($value);
		if($value < 0) $value = 0;

		$m = false;
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
		if( ($n = $this->get($key)) !== false ) {
			$m = $n - $value;
			if($m < 0) $m = 0;
			$this->set($key, $m); // exptime?
		}
		$this->unlock($key);
		return $m;
	}

Thanks in advance

david

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.