Re: Wikimedia - php4

Vizion wrote:
Hi

I have just installed wikimedia on freebsd 5.3 with php4-4.4.0.

I think you mean MediaWiki (common mistake!)

After starting the program after a "successful" installation I get the error messages shown below. There are three eror from two lines of code. I have included the relevant code.
[snip]

FIRST Error - reppeated twice:
Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /usr2/virtualwebs/forumkatrina.org/wiki/includes/ObjectCache.php on line 369

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /usr2/virtualwebs/forumkatrina.org/wiki/includes/ObjectCache.php on line 369

These are coding errors in MediaWiki (but not really bad errors, just enough for PHP to flag a notice); since it's not something you can fix entirely unless you want to trawl through all of their code, the easiest thing to do is change error_reporting in your php.ini file so it looks like this:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

which means show all errors except notices.

--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
Freelance web developer