Re: Wikimedia - php4

On Tuesday 20 September 2005 19:26,  the author Vizion contributed to the
dialogue on-
  Wikimedia - php4:

>Hi
>

>I have just installed wikimedia on freebsd 5.3 with php4-4.4.0.
>
>After starting the program after a "successful" installation I get the error
>messages shown below. There are three eror from two lines of code. I have
>included the relevant code.
>
>Having just started to learn php, I am not competent to know how
>to set about solving this.
>
>Does anyone here have any idea what may be wrong or do you happen to know of
> a suitable forum or mailing list that could be helpful
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>david
>Errors from php4.log

>FIRST Error - reppeated twice:
>Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference
>in /usr2/virtualwebs/forumkatrina.org/wiki/includes/ObjectCache.php on line
>369
>
>Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference
>in /usr2/virtualwebs/forumkatrina.org/wiki/includes/ObjectCache.php on line
>369
>
>Line 369 indicated by  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>function &_unserialize( $serial ) {
>		if( function_exists( 'gzinflate' ) ) {
>			$decomp = @gzinflate( $serial );
>			if( false !== $decomp ) {
>				$serial = $decomp;
>			}
>		}
>		return unserialize( $serial );
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>	}
>SECOND error -- Error line 136 indicated by ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference
>in /usr2/virtualwebs/forumkatrina.org/wiki/includes/SkinTemplate.php on line
>136

Sorry I inserted the wrong source code - this is the correct code:
	/**
	 * Create the template engine object; we feed it a bunch of data
	 * and eventually it spits out some HTML. Should have interface
	 * roughly equivalent to PHPTAL 0.7.
	 *
	 * @param string $callback (or file)
	 * @param string $repository subdirectory where we keep template files
	 * @param string $cache_dir
	 * @return object
	 * @access private
	 */
	function &setupTemplate( $classname, $repository=false, $cache_dir=false ) {
		return new $classname();
	}