Re: Quick Poll: PHP 4 / 5

It seems that PHP 5 is not that much compelling to most people to
justify the change.

I'm sure you're right, but I also think it's a question of work load for the ISP.  Many server upgrades don't occur unless it's urgent and even then they sometimes get missed.

Plus... the last time I went to lease a server, the ISP told me that RedHat didn't come with PHP 5.  Installing PHP 5 was at my own risk.  Maybe PHP 5 is now bundled with the latest version of PHP, but I know it wasn't for a while and I also know that this hampered PHP 5 getting out there.

Is it possible to install both PHP 4 and PHP 5 on a single web server, have scripts all use the php extension, and somehow specify in the script itself which version of PHP should be used?

-Ed