Re: Quick Poll: PHP 4 / 5

Hello,

on 09/13/2005 09:54 PM Ryan A said the following:
Manuel also gave me a very good link:
http://www.nexen.net/interview/index.php?id=49
although the percentages there might not be totally accurate as is today,
coz that may have
been a survey some time back, dont know for sure as I dont understand the
language its
written in...but the charts are kinda easy to understand.

It is in French but it says there the statistics are from July 2005, so it is pretty recent.

I also am a bit surprised for the tremendous lack of interest to upgrade to PHP 5. Ok, I expected that many people would not want to upgrade due to the nightmare of dealing with backwards incompatible changes, but I did not expect that the statistics would be so overwhealming.

I guess this should ring a lot of bells for those that expect to develop products targetted to PHP 5, because the numbers seem to show that PHP 5 is a flop, despite PHP 5.0.0 was released more than 1 year ago.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.phpclasses.org/