Re: PHP vs. ColdFusion

Quoting Miles Thompson <miles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Rick,

Deepest sympathy.

So you have a solution which works, for everyone, but doctrine dictates differently. I'd suspect VPN / IIS interaction.

If I was your manager, I'd take comfort from the FACT that you were able to switch everything over to Linux and it ran w/o difficulty. Cripes, if you had this problem with ColdFusion you'd be sitting there, a lonely soul, amongst the finger-pointers, and nothing would be running.

You took the words right out of my mouth, and said it so eloquently that I nearly forwarded it to management as echoing my feelings and frustration. Unfortunately (or fortunately, I guess) I didn't have the guts to do it; I'd be risking getting in trouble (they've been know to reprimand people because of the "tone" in an email).

Thanks,
Rick
--
Rick Emery