PHP vs. ColdFusion

My employer has (finally) decided to take full advantage of our intranet, and wants to move from client-server applications to web-based applications. To that end, we're trying to determine the best platform for our applications. We're a Microsoft shop, with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 for all of our databases (that won't change any time soon, if ever). Due to past experience that I won't get into, we (the Development group) have all agreed that ASP.Net is out (at least for the short term).

We had the opportunity to visit a local enterprise that has deployed ColdFusion, and they couldn't stop singing its praises. I'm partial to PHP, even after sampling Coldfusion, so what I would like is some "ammunition" that I can take into a meeting to "sell" management on PHP instead of ColdFusion. I've already been harping on the difference in cost, so I'm looking for other points to go with. Besides, we'll probably invest in Zend products if we choose PHP, and Macromedia has government rates available; I don't have any numbers (yet), but the cost difference may not be that great in the end.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Opinions are welcome (especially from programmers with experience in both), but I have to "sell" it to management (I'm already on the PHP side), so links to data or articles comparing the two are best.

Thanks in advance,
Rick
--
Rick Emery