Re: LDAP problem

Hello, Richard...

>How long does it take to fail?
I get the answer immidiatly (0-1sec.)...

>Is there some sort of permission system in LDAP which allows one to
>connect, but not to "bind"?
Only clients from "192.168.*" are allowed to bind, i guess...

>These are just guesses from a VERY limited knowlege of LDAP.
>
>You'll probably get much better answers shortly. :-)

Yup, as is mine... :)

>Just for testing, can you install the same LDAP script on the same
>computer that has the LDAP server that currently doesn't work?
>
>If the computer can't connect/bind to itself, but the same PHP script
>works on the OTHER box where it can connect/bind to itself, you can be
>pretty certain it's an LDAP configuration error on that particular
>LDAP server, not something actually in your PHP or the networking.
The script rely on the same maschine and even command line actions don't
fail...
Also, our admin checked its configurations but everything is fine.

>--
>Like Music?
Defenetly, I'm a drummer... :)

Björn Bartels