Re: Re: Problem between php4.4 and mysql

M. Sokolewicz wrote:
Jasper Bryant-Greene wrote:

Well, it's hard to say without a bit more detail. Are you able to give us the actual error that PHP is giving on the database connected pages?

I assume you are using the mysqli functions rather than the mysql functions to access your database?

just in case you didn't know, mysqli wasn't available before PHP 5.0.0. The user states to be using PHP 4.4.x

Apologies, didn't read his email properly. In that case, do you have MySQL set up to accept old passwords? The password-hashing function changed with MySQL 4.1, and the mysql PHP function uses the old function.

Please remember to send replies to the list, there are other far more knowledgeable people out there who will be able to help too!

Again, *please* send replies to the list as well, not just me!

Jasper