Re: WebHosting suggestions

On 7/2/05, John Jairo Vega Angulo <brazodereina@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I'm still a novice in php topics and I'm looking forward to find a FREE
> hosting site to publish my .php's

Free web hosts suck.  I have to deal with them all the time, trust me.
 People download my free PHP scripts then complain to me why they
won't run.  I go take a look and usually find safe mode on and lots of
functions disabled.

If you truly cannot afford a small web hosting account, do yourself a
favor and install PHP locally instead.  You'll be happy that you
control all your own settings.  On the other hand if a few dollars per
month is in your budget, paid web hosting can be had.  Here are some
very good hosting companies I've used recently:

http://ocstech.com - these guys cater to your specific version
requests.  You tell them what versions of everything you want and they
hook it up and make it happen.  I got PHP 5, MySQL 4.1, and Ruby on
Rails for $6.95/month.

http://eleven2.com - These guys are super cheap and very stable.  They
stick with whatever the CPanel folks are calling 'stable' at any given
moment.  My site was living on a fairly vacant quad xeon box while
there.  Very security minded setup too.  $6.95/month and up.

http://geekhosting.com - Super cheap.  $1.95/month and up.

I'm not affiliated with any of those companies btw, I used their
services and thought they were good.  YMMV.

--
Greg Donald
Zend Certified Engineer