Re: Beautiful HTML Invoice -> Prints like crap! I need somesuggestions!

Most web browsers I know of don't print anything specified as background by default. I imagine that functionality extends to CSS-defined background colors and images. I doubt there's a way to change that preference other than setting it manually. If changing the print settings on your machine will not work for you, then you may consider PDF, though it certainly comes with it's own hassles.

kgt

Matt Babineau wrote:

Ok all - I've been playing with this print styl sheet thing. I can get the
media="print" to behave correctly, but I cannot get table background colors
set. I want to print the table bg colors and background images. I was hoping
this was possible with CSS2. Does anyone have any input on this? I build
some diagrams using html and graphics which are on the invoice, and I use
bgcolor on my tables to show the separator lines in the line item section
with the prices and such. I don't know how to proceed best, or if I am
heading down a dead end with this. Anyone have any more input on this?
Everything I have read so far has been very helpful and I thank you for
that.

Matt Babineau
Criticalcode
w: http://www.criticalcode.com