From: Kristen G. Thorson [mailto:kthorson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 2:05 PM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Beautiful HTML Invoice -> Prints like crap! I need
somesuggestions!

Most web browsers I know of don't print anything specified as background by
default.  I imagine that functionality extends to CSS-defined background
colors and images.  I doubt there's a way to change that preference other
than setting it manually.  If changing the print settings on your machine
will not work for you, then you may consider PDF, though it certainly comes
with it's own hassles.

kgt

Matt Babineau wrote:

>Ok all - I've been playing with this print styl sheet thing. I can get
>the media="print" to behave correctly, but I cannot get table
>background colors set. I want to print the table bg colors and
>background images. I was hoping this was possible with CSS2. Does
>anyone have any input on this? I build some diagrams using html and
>graphics which are on the invoice, and I use bgcolor on my tables to
>show the separator lines in the line item section with the prices and
>such. I don't know how to proceed best, or if I am heading down a dead end
with this. Anyone have any more input on this?